Monday, July 22, 2013

Things I Am Obsessed With

Sometimes I get obsessed with things. See? Bloggers: They're Just Like Us!

I still a big fan of lists, so I'm going to list some of these delights off for you now. Get ready to feel my obsessions become your obsessions. 

I can't get enough of #1: Vicissitude by Maps. Maps is a band from England, and Wiki has their genre listed as a combo of shoegazing, indie rock, and electronica. Don't worry, I too had to Google 'shoegazing', which is a "sub genre of alt-rock that emerged from the UK in the late 90's....it's characterized by the fact that these musicians stood relatively still during live performances, in detached, introspective, non-confrontational stance, hence the idea that they were gazing at their shoes". Huh. Learn something new every day. Regardless of their extreme interest in their own footwear, this album reminds me a little of Washed Out... It's beautiful and extremely chill. 
My favorite tracks are I Heard Them Say, Left Behind, and You Will Find A Way. 

#2 is a new to me musical discovery. I was at my friend's place and he put on some vinyl and I immediately was like "WHO IS THIS??". The answer is Moderat, which is an electronic band out of Berlin. I was able to download their second studio release, II, and its probably the best album of the year so far, in my opinion. It's a collaborative effort between Modeselektor and Apparat, and it's sooooo sick!! My favorite song is Bad Kingdom, closely followed by Therapy. UNREAL YOU GUYS.

#3 is partially what I have to thank for my obsession with #1. Obviously we are all familiar with Songza, but can I introduce you to the playlist Cool New Music - Summer 2013? I can thank this playlist for introducing me to Maps, The Boxer Rebellion, St. Lucia, Willy Moon, and Small Black. I LOVE YOU SONGZA. MARRY ME.

#4 brings me to my iPad. I really love this thing. It's so handy. I enjoy using it primarily for social media and as an organizer, but also for Netflix. I got it second hand from a friend who barely used it and gave me a good price. I am more than happy with it and love having it around so James and I don't fight over the laptop.

#5 Pureology products are my favorite! I've had plenty of opportunities to play with the entire range and I am loving the Hydrate SH/CD as well as the Sea-Kissed Texturizer, which is a salt free spray that gives you a beach look. Did you know salt affects your Colour? I'm looking at you, Bumble and Bumble Salt Spray! Get involved with Pureology if you love your hair. It's 100% vegan, paraben and sulphate free. And it smells like delicious things. Get over here and smell my hair, you creeps! 

#6 is obviously my Vitamix. For so many reasons. But most of all fresh watermelon juice EVERY DAY. Because its summer and summer is a time for the nectar of the gods (plus rum). It's also good for other healthy concoctions and potions, as James calls them. Potions of goodness. And making my own almond milk makes me feel like an earth mother.

# 7 is the royal baby! Spencer Cambridge! Who I am not really obsessed over, but I do enjoy the Royals. And the question on everyone's mind is....does he get to wear a tiny crown?


1 comment:

  1. Wasn't he just born with a crown? I would assume even the sperm that made him had a tiny crown on it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...