In honor of this, I have created a list. A top 10 list of the most awesome things about my son! In no particular order.....
1. He is smiling real smiles now. For sure real, not just windy ones. He smiled at us all weekend. I did not get a single one on camera, but that's okay because it's all about relishing the moment! In fact, he is smiling in his sleep right now :)
2. I love that I can settle him with a hug. I laid down next to to my fussy baby last night and he fell asleep right away. That's pretty precious. And convenient.
3. He has this little chuckle that sounds like. "Heh heh heh heh" and it's AWESOME. He does it in his sleep too. We love it.
4. I love how he looks at me in the wee morning hours. These little bright eyes shining in the dark melt my heart. It makes the tiredness face away (almost).
5. He appreciates the importance of fine dining. We took him to Il Terazzo on Saturday night and were astonished (concerned) when he didn't fall asleep in the car on the way there! He could not have been better behaved though! He looked around a bunch, then fell asleep despite the noise of a busy establishment and slept until we got home. We (and the other diners) appreciated these fine manners.
6. He spends 30 minutes in his crib each morning looking at his aquarium and making adorable noises while mom showers and has breakfast. It's a good time for him to learn how to entertain himself a little.
7. He plays with the hair on the back of his head. I don't know yet if this signifies tiredness or if it's just damn cute, but it's dammmmmnnnnn cute!
8. I looooove how he looks in the mirror when I change his diapers. We make eye contact, and lately he has been rewarding me and this neat trick with BIG smiles. It's so bless. Also...so genius of me to use this dresser and mirror combo.
9. He's grown 6 inches since birth! This one is all legs. He hasn't been weighed since his last check up on July 3 (8 lb 9 oz!), so I have no idea how much he weighs, but we will find out Friday at his 6 week check up! Guesses? I say....9 lbs, 7 oz.
10. His sweet neck strength! He's able to hold his head up for several seconds at a time. It's amazing watching these milestones and noticing the changes. It's going by so fast though! My little baby is not going to be little for too long!!! (Sniff sniff)
I could go on, but I won't. Just know...Silas is super awesome.
Some snaps from the past week.....